The email whitelist is populated automatically when you email a correspondent. Mailsphere see's the action of you emailing another email address as a validation that you wish to receive a response from that email address.
Accessing the Whitelist screen
To access the screen simply select Settings and then Email Whitelists/Blacklists from the drop down that appears.
The Whitelist/Blacklist is used to decide whether an email address who is attempting to send an email to you is trustworthy or not. If the email address exists in your Whitelist then the verification of the senders email address is passed. The content of the email will still be reviewed by the filter to check for viruses or other content that may be dangerous. If the sender address exists in your Blacklist then the incoming email will be blocked by Mailsphere.
Once you have accessed the Email Whitelists screen you can do any of the following:
- View existing email addresses in the Whitelist
- Remove an email from the Whitelist
- Add an email address manually to the Whitelist
We can do any of the following on the Email Blacklists screen:
- View existing email addresses in the Blacklist
- Remove an email from the Blacklist
- Add an email address manuaully to the Move to spam blacklist, the email from the sender will be marked as spam.
- Add an email address manuaully to the Block Emails blacklist, the email from the sender will be blocked.