The domains overview allows you to view current domains attached to your organisation and modify the settings associated with them.
When you are in the domain overview screen you have the following options:
- Add a Domain - adding a new domain that is being managed by you as an administrator. You will need access to the DNS records for this domain as well as the email system that is associated with it.
- Search for a domain - if you have many domains you may find it useful to search for the domain that you wish to review and / or update.
- Edit a domain - to update the settings for delivering inbound and receiving outbound email use this option.
- Remove a domain - only use this if you are certain you wish Mailsphere to stop processing email for this domain. Any existing email in the archive will not be affected but once deleted the system will stop receiving and delivering email.
- Previous / Next - these are only active if you have more than 10 domains registered with your organisation. This will allow you to scroll through the different pages.
Add a Domain
Edit your new domain
In the incoming addresses section add either the IP addresses, in either IPv4 or IPv6 formats, or an address range or a standard domain name that you wish Mailsphere to accept email from. For these IP addresses only Mailsphere will act as an SMTP gateway for your domain.
If your ISP changes your public IP address that your email system sits behind, then this is where you will need to update the address so that Mailsphere continues supporting your system. You can add multiple so if you are expecting a change or if you have a failover IP then all of these can be entered and will be operational at the same time.
When you are configuring the addresses to be used by Mailsphere to deliver email into your organisation you must also define which is the primary and which are secondary. There should only be one primary but you can configure multiple secondary.
- Select the priority
- Enter the destination IP address (IPv4 and IPv6 formats accepted) or a standard domain name
If you you like these IP addresses tested then please email email@example.com specifying the domain and the outgoing address that you would like us to test.