Add a User
The Add a User menu option will open up the Add a User form. This can also be accessed from within the Organisation Users list view.
Add a User
There are two sections to the Add User form: User Details and Additional Details.
To add a new user complete the following fields in User Details:
- Full Name - this will appear in the top right of the screen when they logon to the Mailsphere portal.
- Primary Email Address - this is used by the user when they login to Mailsphere and will be the destination of any notifications.
- Email Aliases - an alias is any other email address that is linked to their mailbox in the email system that is being supported. If the user has access to multiple mailboxes then these should be set up as multiple Mailsphere user accounts.
Note: 1 & 2 are mandatory to complete a new user.
Additional details are optional. These are not currently used in Mailsphere but will become available in email footers in a future release.
You may wish to use the unique ID to store the users AD login name to aid with identifying users in a large organisation.
Once you have completed the fields you wish to populate in this form then select Add User to save the record.
Once completed you will be taken to the organisation user list with a confirmation message that the user was successfully added.
Chage a user status
Once the user has been saved you can edit the record and change user status. The options are Active, Archived and Disabled.
Active: For all regular user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution groups and email enabled security groups that wish to receive security tested email and record an archive.
Archived: For old accounts that are no longer active, the archive will be preserved but any attempts to deliver email from external sources will be rejected
Disabled: For accounts that do not receive external email but are registered in the email system. This removes these accounts from the billed total and disables the mailflow.
Set a user as Admin
Once the user has been saved you can edit the record and set the users role. The options are either Admin or User.
The Admin user role allows the user to search the enterprise email and release spam on behalf of other users as well as accessing all the additional configuration options for the organisation.
Full access rights
The standard admin permission is referred to as a Private Admin as it will only allow the user to administer Mailsphere and view system level details about the emails in the organisations archive for the purpose of supporting their users. We recognise that in some instances it is necessary to provide full access to the email content to certain users within an organisation and to ensure that this sensitive data is kept safe we have a strict request process in place. The process is detailed below:
- Email the Mailsphere Support team on firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to add a Full Access Administrator to your account. A unique tracking reference for your case will be generated.
- Download the request template and complete the details using this link. Once complete please print this on company headed paper. This request must be signed by a Director of your organization, along with the Director's name and position, and must clearly state the email address that needs to be added/removed.
- Return a scanned copy of the completed request form using the email with your unique reference number from step 1.
- On receiving the completed request form, Mailsphere Support will perform a series of checks that are required to confirm the request. If the request cannot be confirmed (i.e. the signature provider is not listed as company Director), Mailsphere will be unable to proceed until confirmation has been made.
- When Mailsphere Support has successfully confirmed the request the permission will be updated and the requestor notified.