Overview Office 365
The following article demonstrates the integration points used by a client or partner of Mailsphere when integrating with Office 365.
The following provides a guide to the implementation schedule that will be performed.
- Access to the Office 365 account you wish to integrate with ensuring the user has administration access to the Exchange admin center.
- Ability to update the DNS records for the domain(s) that are linked to the Office 365 account.
- The latest copy of the Mailsphere Office 365 guides (connector and configuration).
- Configure Mailsphere organisations
- Check Mailsphere system settings (review spam, virus settings)
- Enable the Office 365 Connector
- Check Domains and Users are synchronised
- Review and update the SPF record - ensure it is valid for all systems sending email for that domain
- Configure new receive connector in Office 365
- Configure new send connector in Office 365 - check the SPF record has propagated
- Update MX records
- Check the status of the mail ingestion
- Disable any unused send and receive connectors in Office 365
The first diagram shows the integration points between the Mailsphere onboarding services.
All the traffic between Office 365 and Mailsphere network is performed over HTTPS.
The Mailsphere Office 365 connector is easy to apply and will discover all other configurations in a matter of seconds.
Inbound Mail Delivery
This diagram demonstrates the flow of email being sent into the supported domain.
The email system needs to have its receive connector configured to allow SMTP traffic from:
Outbound Mail Delivery
The flow of outbound mail delivery is demonstrated by the above diagram.
The email system and firewalls will need to be configured with a Smarthost using the following details allowing SMTP traffic:
The MX records will either be communicated at the time of onboarding or the default options will be used:
Default MX records are:
Priority 10 - eu1.mailsphere.mx
Priority 20 - eu2.mailsphere.mx
Update the SPF record
To update the SPF record please follow this guide: